There’s a myriad of decisions to make when planning a wedding, and one of them is choosing the bridesmaid dresses. You will have to decide for the colour, the material, the length, the price point, and the style of the dresses. And while doing that, you have to keep in mind that they should look cohesive together.
While you’re on track of planning for your bridesmaid dresses, it comes in handy to know what styles your girls may not like to wear. After all, they are your friend, and you want them to feel and look their best on this very special day.
1. Dresses That Look the Same
Fortunately, bridesmaid dresses today no longer have to be identical. If we think about it, women don’t find it fun to match their friend’s outfit—same goes with your bridesmaids. Leave the matchy-matchy trend to the flower girls, and let each of your bridesmaids shine in their own unique and gorgeous dresses.
2. Dresses That Cost an Arm and a Leg
Even if it’s the most stunning collection of bridesmaid dresses, you will get a giant pout on your bridesmaids’ faces if they have to spend a third of this month’s paycheck for their dress, especially if it’s a dress they can’t wear again. As an alternative, look for couture dresses in a bridal boutique that your girls can rent for a day instead. You can spend a fortune on your own wedding dress if you want, but don’t impose the same on your bridesmaids.
3. Dresses That are Too Short
Other than possibly making your girls feel uncomfortable, there are several reasons why you should avoid hemlines that are too short. First of all, if it’s going to be a church wedding, dresses from a bridal studio in Singapore that are cut mid-thigh is not respectful on the wedding’s religious aspect. Secondly, dresses that are too short will likely draw unwanted attention, particularly here in Singapore. And lastly, when bridesmaid dresses are too short, it can take away the attention from the bride.
4. Dresses That Do Not Fit Well
The dress should have some shape to it. Everyone’s body is unique, so the best you can do is to let your bridesmaids choose the right dress for them. Most likely, they know what their body shape is and are aware of the dress styles that flatter them the most. You can also ask the consultant in the bridal boutique for dress suggestions for your maids.
5. Dresses That Are Too Trendy
That off-shoulder dress or one-shoulder gown may look striking on one of your bridesmaids, but the others are probably silently dreading it right now. According to bridal studio consultants, it’s best to avoid hard-to-pull-off dress styles, such as fitted gowns and halter dresses. Other no-nos include puffy shoulders, tutu-like skirts, and lace ruffles to name a few. Try to avoid dress styles that are far outside your bridesmaids’ comfort zone to ensure they feel and look their best.
6. Dresses That Are Too Glitzy
By glitzy, we mean hideous looking prom dresses that are decked with sequins and patterns all over them. If you’re unsure of your chosen bridesmaid dress style, it could probably pass as Halloween costume. When choosing dresses, keep in mind that less is more. It’s always safer to go with simple and sleek styles than with elaborate and flashy ones.
Tips for Better Bridesmaid Dress Shopping
• Be Upfront About Budgets. Don’t put off having this conversation among your girls. This will help determine where you should shop at. Luckily, bridesmaids today have a variety of great options at any price points.
• Do Advance Research. Know what dress style to look for before making appointments in any bridal studio in Singapore—it’ll make dress shopping much easier. Every dress style can be seen online, so researching is easy (and fun!) and will save you a lot of time later.
• Spare Plenty of Time. Unless you’re buying off-the-rack dresses, you need at least three months from when you place your order to when you’ll pick them up. Order for the entire party must also be made at once to ensure quality control.
• Have Your Ladies Professionally Measured. It’s important to provide your bridesmaids’ exact measurements in order to avoid last-minute problems. Although many boutiques in Singapore have their staff measure your bridesmaids, they are not seamstresses. Especially when ordering online, a measurement made by a professional is crucial to get the perfect dresses for your girls.
• Set Multiple Appointments at the Studio. Don’t bring all of your bridesmaids into the bridal studio the first time you shop for their dresses. Instead go with one or two of your maids and let them help you narrow down your choices. Once you have found a few styles, have the consultant set them aside. Then, bring the rest of the girls on your next appointment to decide.
• Inquire About Extra Length. If one of your bridesmaids stand 5’7” or above, she might need some extra length for her long dress, especially if she’ll be wearing heels. During the initial fitting, ask your maids to bring their heels with them to help with the dresses’ adjustments. But also keep in mind that there’s often an additional cost associated with these special adjustments.
Just like looking for your wedding dress, shopping in a bridal boutique for your bridesmaid dresses needs time and patience. But if after all the effort there are still people you cannot please, don’t give in to pressure to make everyone happy. Keep in mind that it is your special day and it should be going to be about you. Your bridesmaids are there to support you and (ideally) work with you to make things a lot easier.
As far as do-it-yourself jobs go, plumbing works rank as one of the top tasks homeowners in Singapore prefer to handle on their own. Some people may argue that calling a professional is expensive and should only be done when all else fails, while others just don’t trust strangers to enter their homes. These may all be valid reasons, but when thinking of the possibility of worsening the plumbing scenario, hiring a professional is unarguably a much cheaper option than overhauling underground water pipes.
1. Personal Safety
The most obvious reason why you need to trust your home’s plumbing works only to a professional plumber is your own safety. You may be successful in replacing a shower head or sink faucet, but plumbing needs skills and training to be successfully done.
2. Permanent Solution
Unless you find pleasure in crawling under sinks and doing all the dirty works to repeatedly unclog the drains, you will appreciate the long-term solution that a reliable plumber can provide to your plumbing system. The thing about these good plumbing contractors in Singapore is that they are well-trained and well-experienced and they find ways to ensure that you don’t get repeated problems after the repair.
3. Comprehensive Plumbing Services
Hiring a professional plumber gives you access to a wide range of plumbing services for installation, maintenance and repair works. Installation of new pipes, replacement of old parts, spotting blockages, repairing leaks—they can professionally handle all those works in a faster and more efficient way.
4. Emergency Plumbing Issues
Your plumbing contractor can save you from emergency plumbing problems. Emergencies with your plumbing system can cause delay to your daily activities, as well as cause extensive water damage. A professional plumber can provide emergency plumbing services and can come to your rescue quickly. As long as you hire a 24 hours plumber, you can be certain that someone can fix your emergency whether it’s three in the afternoon or three in the morning.
5. Detailed Diagnosis
A professional plumber will provide you with detailed diagnostic report. What appears to you as just a leaking pipe could be a blockage problem. That’s why you need a professional to have your line thoroughly inspected. Well-trained plumbers can carefully check your entire plumbing system to find all existing and potential problems.
You don’t have to purchase DIY remedies, like sealants. Leaky toilets, faucets and other plumbing fixtures waste a lot of water, which would cost you more on your water bill. Hiring a professional plumber will guarantee savings in your water bill when leaks are repaired right away. Moreover, your hired professionals will be the ones to purchase the necessary fixtures, which will likely be cost-effective for you.
7. Property Protection
Accidents caused by broken pipes could cause damages to your property. Whether it’s a leaking gas pipe or water pipe, letting the professionals take care of the job will help you protect your property and minimize damages. Plus, if you hire a licensed and insured plumber in Singapore, you can be sure that any property damage incurred during the repair is covered by the plumbing company.
8. Latest Equipment
Recognized plumbing companies are equipped with the newest technology and equipment to solve plumbing problems in an efficient and timely manner. Aside from the latest equipment, staffs undergo regular training to update their knowledge and skills in dealing with different issues.
9. Business Continuity
Having your system regularly checked by a professional plumber will keep your plumbing system running and help detect problems in their early stage before they can wreak havoc to your day-to-day routine and to your properties. This helps avoid interruptions and ensures that your everyday activities run smoothly.
10. Clean Water Supply
Since tubes and pipes are the pathways of your home’s water supply, you need them to be in their best working condition. If you suspect any leaking, cracks or blockages, have it checked by a professional. Your hired plumber can check your water lines to detect and fix any issues right away. With their certified skills and the right tools, you can be sure that your drinking water is clean and free from contaminants.
11. Excellent Customer Service
A reliable plumber is able to provide excellent customer service and responsive plumbing team whenever needed. If you have had a repair or maintenance done by a professional plumbing services company, you can have access to expert advices if you come across another plumbing issue or emergency. If it’s only a minor issue, they can provide you with advices on how to correct the small glitch. Your professionals will be there for you, helping and guiding you in maintaining your plumbing system.
12. Masters of Their Own Field
The head of the team has extensive knowledge, training and experience. From installation of parts to repairing pipes and other problems, a professional plumber has the right skills to ensure that the issue is fixed on the first try with permanent results.
When you choose to do the repair on your own, it’s likely because you’re trying to save time and money. Unfortunately, DIY plumbing works usually cost more not only due to possible mistakes while doing the repair, but also because DIY works do not provide permanent solution. If you hire a licensed professional in the first place, you will minimize additional expenses and errors as they have the right tools and knowledge for the job.
Almost all Singaporeans are familiar with Facebook and its entire features. In the past, we only rely to “like” to express a feeling. However, the company realized that people need to express feelings more specifically so they provided a broader range of emotions. The emotions are called “reaction”. Many Facebook users find this appealing. In fact, this is better than the “like” button.
If you haven’t tried the “reactions”, try pressing the “like” button long then a pop-up will appear featuring six animated emoji. The “reactions” include Like, Love, Wow, Haha, Sad and Angry. What urged the company to provide a wide range of emotions for their users? According to the product manager Sammi Krug, many people wants to express more than just “like”. What about things that make people sad, angry or happy?
People said that the “like” doesn’t feel right. It would be good to express sadness or sympathy. There is no way to show it thus the “reaction” button. With this new addition, emojis are taking the world by storm. Its use increased together with the increase of smartphone users. Of the 41 billion text messages sent every day, six billion are emojis. This gives us a picture that emojis are slowly becoming the global language.
In the past, English is the universal language but emojis actually surpass it. In fact, according to the Newcastle Herald report, English is no longer the universal messaging language. Why is this? You should know that 70% of meaning is derived from spoken language which originates from nonverbal cues such as facial expression and body language.
Of many emojis, how did Facebook manage to identify six? It is important that emojis are understood universally and that is where Facebook started. The company did a global research that sought to find alternatives of “like”. They had surveys and focus groups discussion from different countries like Colombia, Japan, Spain and Ireland. The researchers eventually revealed that the six “reactions” emojis were chosen because of their appeal not to mention that the symbols are understood in the world.
Facebook only meant well when they thought about the universal emoji however there are certain governments or organizations that did not seem to like it. Belgium is actually warning its people of emojis not to use it heavily as it is Facebook’s way of spying and selling information to other third party organizations.
Whether you often use emojis or not, the fact remains that it added spice to our conversations. The important thing here is we understand each other and that is more than enough.
Sleep is an important part of our life. Without it, we will not function properly. In the case of China, children are given time to sleep during their breaks as it can form part of their physical and mental development. Here, some schools also do the same. Countries around the world differ in how they sleep.
Researchers of the University of Michigan conducted a study that aimed at discovering the sleeping patterns of the world. The data that they collected was derived from a sleep-tracking smartphone application that was launched in 2014. More than five thousand people from twenty countries participated in the research.
Gathering data about the sleeping patterns of people has always been a challenge. This is because researchers think that when they personally ask people, they tend to under or over report. If a research should be made, people should actually sleep in the lab but then researchers think that when they sleep at the lab would it be like how they sleep back at their home?
With the coming of smartphones and other wearable devices, gathering sleeping patterns around the world has become more reliable and easier.
Average number of hours slept every night by countries
On average, Singaporeans sleep 7.4 hours, Japanese sleep 7.51 hours, Brazilians sleep 7.57 hours, Germans sleep 7.7 hours, Hong Kong citizens sleep 7.77 hours, Mexicans sleep 7.79 hours, people from Denmark sleep 7.81 hours, Swiss sleeps 7.84 hours, Spaniards sleep 7.84 hours, Chinese sleep 7.86 hours, Americans sleep 7.87 hours, Italians sleep 7.88 hours, British sleep 7.9 hours, people from United Arab Emirates sleep 7.95 hours, Canadians sleep 7.97 hours, people from Belgium sleep 8.02 hours, Australians sleep 8.02 hours, French sleep 8.05 hours, New Zealanders sleep 8.07 hours and Dutch sleep 8.09 hours.
Notice that Singaporeans sleep lesser hours compared to other countries and Dutch people sleep more.
Average number of hours slept every night by gender and age-group
On average, women sleep more than men regardless of the age group. Women 20 to 25 years old sleep 8.25 hours compared to men with only 8 hours. Women between 30 to 35 years old sleep an average of 8.12 hours while men sleep 7.75 hours. Women between 40 to 45 years old sleep 8.10 hours while men sleep 7.60 hours. Women between 50 to 55 years old sleep 8 hours while men sleep 7.25 hours. Women between 60 to 65 years old sleep 8.10 hours while men sleep 7.80 hours.
Notice that as you age, the less sleep you get but in the case of women, they will not go below an average of 8 hours of sleep every night.
Every year, many Singaporeans get sick because of food poisoning and other food-related illnesses. It is difficult to battle it since harmful contaminants are invisible – it cannot be seen, tasted, touched or even smelled. The single most thing that you can do is to ensure that the internal cooking temperature parameter is observed.
Foods should meet internal temperature to ensure that it can be consumed safely. Knowing this, you have to protect the family against food poisoning using a food thermometer. Food thermometer can help you determine whether the cooked food reached its safe cooking temperature. Food thermometers are readily available here so you won’t have a hard time looking for it.
Using it is pretty simply, you just need to pierce it through the cooked meat, seafood or poultry after the cooking time (make sure to remove it from the fire). If it did not reach a specific temperature, it means it needs more cooking and heating. Make sure to choose digital food thermometers since their readings are more accurate than others.
Here are the internal cooking temperature parameters:
- Meat: The temperature will depend on the doneness. For example, the temperature of the medium rare beef should be 63°C or about 145°F. The medium beef is 71°C or 160°F while the well done beef should be at least 77°C or about 170°F. For pork products like pork loin, ham and ribs, the temperature should be at least 71°C or 160°C.
- Poultry: For poultry products like chicken, duck and turkey, the temperature should be at least 74°C or 165°F for pieces and 82°C or 180°F for whole. For egg dishes, the temperature should be at least 74°C or 165°F.
- Seafood: Fishes should be at least 70°C or 158°F while shellfishes (like lobster, scallops, oysters and shrimp) should be at least 74°C or 165°F. Since it is hard to pierce thermometer, just discard shellfishes that do not open after cooking.
Now that you know the internal cooking temperature parameters, you have to know the recommended storage time as well as it is part of ensuring safe consumption of food. The recommended storage time for steaks is three to four days, chops on the other hand should only be stored for three to four days, roasts are three to five days, hotdog is one week and ham is six to seven days.
It does not end there because there are still many things that you can do to ensure the safety of food consumed. Never forget to wash hands and sanitize tools and utensils. These activities can help eradicate bacteria thereby reducing the risk of food poisoning and other food-related illnesses.
Eggs are a staple here in Singapore just like rice and noodles. The breakfast table is never complete without it. After purchasing the egg, you take it out from its cartoon and arrange it in the egg caddy inside the fridge. Sure this looks pretty and neat however experts are recommending that you do not take the egg out from the cartoon.
It can consume much space but the cartoon can in fact help protect eggs from absorbing strong flavors and odors of other foods inside the fridge. Another reason not to discard cartoons is that you can always see the Best Before Date which is a crucial part in food safety. It is also important that you know the recommended storage times for eggs so you will know when it is not safe to consume it. For hard-cooked eggs, you can still consume it within one week after storage. For leftover whites or yolks, you have to consume it within two to four days.
Now that you know many things about egg, it is time that you actually learn freezing it. Eggs can be frozen using the following guidelines:
- For whole eggs: You have to beat the eggs first until fully blended. Pour it in a container and make sure to seal firmly. The important thing here is to label the container with the date and number of eggs then freeze.
- For egg whites only: If you have left over egg whites, you can still use it for other dishes. You have to make sure not to mix the yolk with whites. Pour the whites in a container and seal firmly. Like whole eggs, label the container with date and number of whites then freeze.
- For egg yolks only: Egg yolks should be handled carefully if you do not want it to spoil. Remember that the gelatine property of the yolk will thicken once frozen. If it gets thick, it would be hard to use to it for other recipes. The best way to deal with it is to beat it then add salt or corn syrup. Label the container with date and number of yolks.
- For hard-cooked yolk: Hard-cooked eggs can be used for other recipes as a topping or garnish. After heating it, you can proceed to packing it for freezing. Remember that hard-cooked egg whites and whole eggs can become watery and tough when frozen so avoid freezing them.
Frozen eggs are commonly used for baking. If you need to use it, you need to thaw them overnight.
At some point, your property will need a contractor to handle its electrical system. Whether it is a residential or commercial building, it is never advisable to handle the electrical works yourself or entrust it to non-professionals as it could easily cause accidents or start a fire.
If you have never hired an electrician before, you’re probably clueless about how to go look for a reliable one. To start with, here are the essential qualities of a good electrician.
1. Good Reputation
It is very important to check the reputation in Singapore when looking for an electrician. An electrical expert with good reputation is known to provide quality services for a long time. You are likely to get good services when working with someone who has a record of consistently providing great quality of work. Contractors who have earned their spot in the industry will never want to destroy their name by providing poor services to their clients.
2. Certification and License
A good contractor has all the certifications and licenses required by the city-state and his profession. This is to prove that the electrician has undergone the necessary trainings and exams to pass a certain standard. Make sure to ask for this proof of their website listing, for example, like those of http://www.taizhe.sg/ in Singapore when meeting an electrician for the first time. If a contractor can’t show you his licensure, you’re better off working with someone you know you can trust.
3. Trained and Experienced
It is critical that your electrician has undergone necessary training and sufficient amount of experience under their belt. Always remember that it is your property—one of your major investments—that’s at stake here, so make sure they have experience in handling the particular job you have. Your Singapore electrician should be able to expertly navigate through the job, provide and explain the solution, or simply fix the issue like new.
An insured electrician will give you a degree of protection in case of accident, damage, or loss of property, so make sure to ask about their insurance prior to hiring them. If an electrician is not doesn’t have insurance, then you can’t expect any reimbursement in case of unfortunate circumstances that may happen during the process.
5. Honest and Straightforward
A reliable electrical expert is an honest person. He will give you a realistic estimate of how long the job will take to complete. He is straightforward and will honestly tell you about his ability to get the job done. The last thing you want is to waste your money on someone who has never had the ability to finish the project in the first place.
6. Prioritizes Safety
Doing electrical works can cause injuries if safety precautions are not practiced. A qualified electrician painstakingly ensures that they do not cause any harm or damage while doing the job. They make use of the right equipment, wear the right safety gears, and follow precautionary measures when doing a project. If the electrician you’re meeting showing up looking disorganized, this could be a red flag that they do not prioritize safety.
7. Reasonable Pricing
Instead of settling for the first contractor, contact several electrical experts in Singapore and ask for an estimate of the work that needs to be done. By getting different estimations from different electricians, you’ll get an idea of the price range of your electrical project and be able to compare the cost of each contractor’s services. But also make sure that the estimation outlines the work that needs to be done along with their respective cost. Do not disregard this as this is the only way you can be fully aware whether you are priced the right way.
8. Quality Service
With almost any service, you will get what you pay for; this goes the same with electrician services. As much as possible, avoid electrical contractors who offer products and services for cheap prices. You may be saving a few dollars, but you can’t expect thorough work with results that will last for a long time. If you want to ensure quality and avoid future electrical issues that may jeopardize your and your property’s safety, invest on a quality electrician services.
9. Available Anytime
Unfortunately, this quality is often overlooked by many, but a reliable electrician should be able to provide their services during emergencies. Look for a licensed electrician that offers 24/7 service in case of problems that may arise in inconvenient times. During an interview, do not forget to ask whether they can provide assistance in case of emergency in the middle or wee hours of the night. It’s important to know that you have someone to call to in case of unforeseen circumstances.
10. Uses the Right Equipment
Another important quality to look for in an electrical expert in Singapore is whether they use the right equipment. Ask about the equipment they use and how they use it to your advantage. The right technology and gears can be used to quickly determine issues or evaluate the situation of your electrical system before proceeding with the job. However, there are also some circumstances that new technologies might not work for a specific situation. That is why you need a knowledgeable and experience electrician for the best and most appropriate solution for your electrical works.
Choosing the right electrical contractor is a crucial part of maintaining your property. Take time to research and make sure the professional you choose has the qualified traits to efficiently complete your project.
Aloe vera is widely used as a natural treatment for skin conditions like minor abrasion, burns and cuts. Its leaves are cut and the gel is applied on the affected areas to facilitate healing. Acne, a skin condition characterized by irritation, itching, inflammation, and pain, occurs when the follicles become clogged with dirt and oil. If completely blocked by bacteria, acne can become a painful and unsightly problem. Fortunately, aloe vera – along with a good skincare regimen – can help you get rid of your acne problems.
How Aloe Vera Treats Acne
Aloe vera treats acne by acting as a natural astringent that removes dirt, excess oil, and dead skin cells, which clogs the pores and causes bacterial infection. Other than that, the miracle plant also aids in reducing inflammation, pain and redness associated with acne. Lastly, aloe vera gel Singapore improves appearances of scars due to its influential antioxidants, vitamins C and E, and zinc.
How Aloe Vera is Best Used
As much as possible, use fresh aloe gel extracted from the leaf as it contains the effective and essential healing properties needed to treat an injured skin. It helps to drink aloe vera gel for health in Singapore as it is good for clearing up acne as well. So purchase an aloe vera plant from your local market to treat acne on your face, chest, back and scalp. It’s inexpensive and doesn’t require a lot of work to use.
How to Treat Acne Using Aloe Vera
1. Thoroughly wash the affected areas of your facial skin twice a day with an antibacterial soap. While washing, scrub the soap on your skin in a circular motion then rinse with warm water, and dry it with a towel. Also, avoid reusing the towel as it may spread the bacteria causing additional acne.
2. After washing your face, cut an outer leaf of your aloe Vera plant using scissors, pruning shears, or a sharp knife. However, don’t pull the leaf when cutting as it may damage the plant. Instead, firmly hold the end of the leaf when cutting it off.
3. Gently squeeze out the gel from the leaf, and dab a thin layer of it on the affected area. After that, let the gel dry before putting some clothes on. For additional protection from acne-causing bacteria, apply some antibacterial cream over the gel and let it dry. Singapore dermatologists explain that aloe contains substances that stimulate skin cell growth, which aids in speeding up healing and reducing chances of acne scarring.
4. Apply the gel to the affected areas after washing and before going to bed. Use the gel at night to give it enough time to work on healing acne inflammation. If you don’t have an aloe plant at home, just purchase an aloe vera gel available at your local pharmacy. Pure aloe gel has similar soothing and healing properties as the plant, and is a more convenient way of keeping aloe in your home.
5. Use the aloe vera gel Singapore on a regular basis even if your acne has completely healed. Apart from its healing properties, aloe also contains properties that help in decreasing skin aging and is considered as an effective moisturizer. Using it on a regular basis protects the skin from bacteria build-up and environmental effects that may cause acne breakouts.
Aloe Vera Face Masks for Acne Treatment
1. Aloe and Lemon Mask
This aloe face mask features lemon juice that works as a natural skin brightener. It also aids in fading acne scars and dark spots, making your skin look clearer just after a few uses. Create your own aloe-lemon face mask by doing the following:
• Choose and cut a thick aloe leaf from the plant, and wash it under running water. After that, squeeze out as much juice as possible into a clean bowl, and scrape out the aloe gel with a spoon.
• Once you’re done, simply mix the gel with two to three drops of lemon juice.
• Apply and gently massage the mixture on your face and neck, then leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
• After that, pat dry your skin with a clean towel and apply moisturizer as usual. Continue performing this regimen thrice a week to even out your skin tone and prevent acne breakouts.
If you don’t have lemons at home, grapefruit and lime works as good alternative.
2. Aloe and Honey Mask
This face mask combines aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory properties with honey’s moisturizing and anti-microbial benefits to create a powerful treatment that calms and soothes the skin while fighting acne at the same time. So start making your own aloe and honey mask by doing the following steps:
• Add a tablespoon of aloe gel and honey in a clean bowl, then stir the ingredients using a spoon until it’s well-combined.
• Once you’re done, apply and leave the mask on your face or any other areas for 20 minutes.
• Wash your face or body with warm water, and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. You can apply your moisturizer if desired.
3. Aloe, Milk and Sugar Mask
This face mask is great for brightening, moisturizing, soothing and fighting acne with the additional benefits of milk and sugar. Sugar is rich in glycolic acid, which promotes cell turnover. It’s also a humectant, so it helps in drawing in moisture. Milk, on the other hand, enhances the complexion with its brightening, moisturizing, soothing and toning properties.
• Mix a tablespoon of sugar and ½ tablespoon of milk until the former is completely dissolved. After that, add two tablespoons of your store-brought or freshly prepared aloe vera gel.
• Apply and leave the mask on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Once you’re done, pat dry with towel and apply your moisturizer, if desired.
Acne Treatment Alternatives
If you don’t feel like using pure aloe vera gel, then opt for over-the-counter treatment alternatives for your acne problem. Most Singapore dermatologists recommend using over-the-counter products that contain benzoyl peroxide for treating pimples.
Apart from having a good skincare routine, using aloe vera gel is another natural way of getting rid of your acne problems. Just make sure to consult your physician about using pure aloe gel beforehand to get the most out of this miracle gel.
For a fine summer afternoon, what is your ideal snack? Others would think of lemonade or iced tea while others think of the good old ice cream. Ice creams are famous here in Singapore. It doesn’t matter if it is a rainy or hot day because it has become a staple in the refrigerator especially if there are kids around.
Ice creams are not only for the kids. Kids at heart can also enjoy it any time of the day and regardless of the occasion. But what are the top ice cream selling brands in the world? It is time to know the list. Forbes actually compiled a list of the top ice cream selling brands in the world. The data is from Euromonitor – a market researcher.
Here is the world’s top ice cream selling brands:
- Magnum: The number one ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Magnum manufactured and distributed by Unilever Group.
- Haagen-Dazs: The second ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Haagen-Dazs manufactured by General Mills Inc.
- Cornetto: The third ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Cornetto produced by Unilever Group.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Ben & Jerry’s is the fourth best-selling ice cream brand in the word manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Breyers: Breyers is the fifth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Carte d’Or: Carte d’Or is the sixth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Dreyer’s/Edy’s: Dreyer’s/Edy’s is the seventh best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Blue Bunny: Blue Bunny is the eight best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Wells’ Dairy Inc.
- Klondike: Klondike is the ninth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Mihan: Mihan is the tenth best- selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Mihan Dairy Group.
- Drumstick: Drumstick is the eleventh best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Nestle: Nestle is the twelfth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Outshine: Outshine is the thirteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Popsicle: Popsicle is the fourteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Meiji: Meiji is the fifteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd.
There you go. Now you know the best-selling ice cream brand in the world. If your favorite brand did not make it to this list, there is still hope next year just continue to patronize it.
Reflect now and decide whether you are in the right place or not. If there is a “nagging sense of falsity”, then you are definitely suffering from quarter-life crisis. According to the recent study conducted by the International Journal of Behavioural Development, about 49% of women have reported ‘crises in their 20’s and 39% for men.
If you ever feel alone and stuck, do not worry because it is perfectly normal. What’s not normal is not getting through with it and still enduring it for the longest time. You cannot be lost forever. If you just look deeply, you will surely find your way. Many Singaporeans should now that quarter-life crises are normal and they should not be ashamed about it.
You owe it to yourself to be happy and be in the right place. It is time to stop floundering. You have to survive whatever crisis you are in to be at peace with yourself and finally be happy. Here are some steps on surviving quarter-life crises:
- Disengage from default direction: Many people try to convince their selves that they are not lost thereby following one vague path. The path can be set before you by a parent or guardian. You blindly follow it thinking that it is best – this is called default direction. To be happy, you have to disengage from that direction and find your own road less travelled by.
- Remain calm: When you finally realized that you are lost, there is a tendency that you will over react, freak out or panic. You have to remember that anxiety will only aggravate the situation. When you suffer from emotional arousal (like dread, fear and distress), your thoughts will usually scatter in irrelevant directions. This will keep you from solving even the simplest problems. Some people chase other paths right away and that is not effective.
- Find baseline: Without baseline, you will surely get lost because you have to context to work with. A trail is easy if you find the baseline. Hikers always mark their baseline and put things along the way so they can always find it. Start by deciding what you love most or what you are good at.
- Design your action plan: There is no one in this world more capable than you. You have to design your action plan and make sure to execute it. Do not expect for a “search party” to bring you home whenever you are lost. Always find the things that work for you and embrace responsibility. Do not rely on the people around you to direct your path.