Every year, many Singaporeans get sick because of food poisoning and other food-related illnesses. It is difficult to battle it since harmful contaminants are invisible – it cannot be seen, tasted, touched or even smelled. The single most thing that you can do is to ensure that the internal cooking temperature parameter is observed.
Foods should meet internal temperature to ensure that it can be consumed safely. Knowing this, you have to protect the family against food poisoning using a food thermometer. Food thermometer can help you determine whether the cooked food reached its safe cooking temperature. Food thermometers are readily available here so you won’t have a hard time looking for it.
Using it is pretty simply, you just need to pierce it through the cooked meat, seafood or poultry after the cooking time (make sure to remove it from the fire). If it did not reach a specific temperature, it means it needs more cooking and heating. Make sure to choose digital food thermometers since their readings are more accurate than others.
Here are the internal cooking temperature parameters:
- Meat: The temperature will depend on the doneness. For example, the temperature of the medium rare beef should be 63°C or about 145°F. The medium beef is 71°C or 160°F while the well done beef should be at least 77°C or about 170°F. For pork products like pork loin, ham and ribs, the temperature should be at least 71°C or 160°C.
- Poultry: For poultry products like chicken, duck and turkey, the temperature should be at least 74°C or 165°F for pieces and 82°C or 180°F for whole. For egg dishes, the temperature should be at least 74°C or 165°F.
- Seafood: Fishes should be at least 70°C or 158°F while shellfishes (like lobster, scallops, oysters and shrimp) should be at least 74°C or 165°F. Since it is hard to pierce thermometer, just discard shellfishes that do not open after cooking.
Now that you know the internal cooking temperature parameters, you have to know the recommended storage time as well as it is part of ensuring safe consumption of food. The recommended storage time for steaks is three to four days, chops on the other hand should only be stored for three to four days, roasts are three to five days, hotdog is one week and ham is six to seven days.
It does not end there because there are still many things that you can do to ensure the safety of food consumed. Never forget to wash hands and sanitize tools and utensils. These activities can help eradicate bacteria thereby reducing the risk of food poisoning and other food-related illnesses.
Eggs are a staple here in Singapore just like rice and noodles. The breakfast table is never complete without it. After purchasing the egg, you take it out from its cartoon and arrange it in the egg caddy inside the fridge. Sure this looks pretty and neat however experts are recommending that you do not take the egg out from the cartoon.
It can consume much space but the cartoon can in fact help protect eggs from absorbing strong flavors and odors of other foods inside the fridge. Another reason not to discard cartoons is that you can always see the Best Before Date which is a crucial part in food safety. It is also important that you know the recommended storage times for eggs so you will know when it is not safe to consume it. For hard-cooked eggs, you can still consume it within one week after storage. For leftover whites or yolks, you have to consume it within two to four days.
Now that you know many things about egg, it is time that you actually learn freezing it. Eggs can be frozen using the following guidelines:
- For whole eggs: You have to beat the eggs first until fully blended. Pour it in a container and make sure to seal firmly. The important thing here is to label the container with the date and number of eggs then freeze.
- For egg whites only: If you have left over egg whites, you can still use it for other dishes. You have to make sure not to mix the yolk with whites. Pour the whites in a container and seal firmly. Like whole eggs, label the container with date and number of whites then freeze.
- For egg yolks only: Egg yolks should be handled carefully if you do not want it to spoil. Remember that the gelatine property of the yolk will thicken once frozen. If it gets thick, it would be hard to use to it for other recipes. The best way to deal with it is to beat it then add salt or corn syrup. Label the container with date and number of yolks.
- For hard-cooked yolk: Hard-cooked eggs can be used for other recipes as a topping or garnish. After heating it, you can proceed to packing it for freezing. Remember that hard-cooked egg whites and whole eggs can become watery and tough when frozen so avoid freezing them.
Frozen eggs are commonly used for baking. If you need to use it, you need to thaw them overnight.
At some point, your property will need a contractor to handle its electrical system. Whether it is a residential or commercial building, it is never advisable to handle the electrical works yourself or entrust it to non-professionals as it could easily cause accidents or start a fire.
If you have never hired an electrician before, you’re probably clueless about how to go look for a reliable one. To start with, here are the essential qualities of a good electrician.
1. Good Reputation
It is very important to check the reputation in Singapore when looking for an electrician. An electrical expert with good reputation is known to provide quality services for a long time. You are likely to get good services when working with someone who has a record of consistently providing great quality of work. Contractors who have earned their spot in the industry will never want to destroy their name by providing poor services to their clients.
2. Certification and License
A good contractor has all the certifications and licenses required by the city-state and his profession. This is to prove that the electrician has undergone the necessary trainings and exams to pass a certain standard. Make sure to ask for this proof of their website listing, for example, like those of http://www.taizhe.sg/ in Singapore when meeting an electrician for the first time. If a contractor can’t show you his licensure, you’re better off working with someone you know you can trust.
3. Trained and Experienced
It is critical that your electrician has undergone necessary training and sufficient amount of experience under their belt. Always remember that it is your property—one of your major investments—that’s at stake here, so make sure they have experience in handling the particular job you have. Your Singapore electrician should be able to expertly navigate through the job, provide and explain the solution, or simply fix the issue like new.
An insured electrician will give you a degree of protection in case of accident, damage, or loss of property, so make sure to ask about their insurance prior to hiring them. If an electrician is not doesn’t have insurance, then you can’t expect any reimbursement in case of unfortunate circumstances that may happen during the process.
5. Honest and Straightforward
A reliable electrical expert is an honest person. He will give you a realistic estimate of how long the job will take to complete. He is straightforward and will honestly tell you about his ability to get the job done. The last thing you want is to waste your money on someone who has never had the ability to finish the project in the first place.
6. Prioritizes Safety
Doing electrical works can cause injuries if safety precautions are not practiced. A qualified electrician painstakingly ensures that they do not cause any harm or damage while doing the job. They make use of the right equipment, wear the right safety gears, and follow precautionary measures when doing a project. If the electrician you’re meeting showing up looking disorganized, this could be a red flag that they do not prioritize safety.
7. Reasonable Pricing
Instead of settling for the first contractor, contact several electrical experts in Singapore and ask for an estimate of the work that needs to be done. By getting different estimations from different electricians, you’ll get an idea of the price range of your electrical project and be able to compare the cost of each contractor’s services. But also make sure that the estimation outlines the work that needs to be done along with their respective cost. Do not disregard this as this is the only way you can be fully aware whether you are priced the right way.
8. Quality Service
With almost any service, you will get what you pay for; this goes the same with electrician services. As much as possible, avoid electrical contractors who offer products and services for cheap prices. You may be saving a few dollars, but you can’t expect thorough work with results that will last for a long time. If you want to ensure quality and avoid future electrical issues that may jeopardize your and your property’s safety, invest on a quality electrician services.
9. Available Anytime
Unfortunately, this quality is often overlooked by many, but a reliable electrician should be able to provide their services during emergencies. Look for a licensed electrician that offers 24/7 service in case of problems that may arise in inconvenient times. During an interview, do not forget to ask whether they can provide assistance in case of emergency in the middle or wee hours of the night. It’s important to know that you have someone to call to in case of unforeseen circumstances.
10. Uses the Right Equipment
Another important quality to look for in an electrical expert in Singapore is whether they use the right equipment. Ask about the equipment they use and how they use it to your advantage. The right technology and gears can be used to quickly determine issues or evaluate the situation of your electrical system before proceeding with the job. However, there are also some circumstances that new technologies might not work for a specific situation. That is why you need a knowledgeable and experience electrician for the best and most appropriate solution for your electrical works.
Choosing the right electrical contractor is a crucial part of maintaining your property. Take time to research and make sure the professional you choose has the qualified traits to efficiently complete your project.
Aloe vera is widely used as a natural treatment for skin conditions like minor abrasion, burns and cuts. Its leaves are cut and the gel is applied on the affected areas to facilitate healing. Acne, a skin condition characterized by irritation, itching, inflammation, and pain, occurs when the follicles become clogged with dirt and oil. If completely blocked by bacteria, acne can become a painful and unsightly problem. Fortunately, aloe vera – along with a good skincare regimen – can help you get rid of your acne problems.
How Aloe Vera Treats Acne
Aloe vera treats acne by acting as a natural astringent that removes dirt, excess oil, and dead skin cells, which clogs the pores and causes bacterial infection. Other than that, the miracle plant also aids in reducing inflammation, pain and redness associated with acne. Lastly, aloe vera gel Singapore improves appearances of scars due to its influential antioxidants, vitamins C and E, and zinc.
How Aloe Vera is Best Used
As much as possible, use fresh aloe gel extracted from the leaf as it contains the effective and essential healing properties needed to treat an injured skin. It helps to drink aloe vera gel for health in Singapore as it is good for clearing up acne as well. So purchase an aloe vera plant from your local market to treat acne on your face, chest, back and scalp. It’s inexpensive and doesn’t require a lot of work to use.
How to Treat Acne Using Aloe Vera
1. Thoroughly wash the affected areas of your facial skin twice a day with an antibacterial soap. While washing, scrub the soap on your skin in a circular motion then rinse with warm water, and dry it with a towel. Also, avoid reusing the towel as it may spread the bacteria causing additional acne.
2. After washing your face, cut an outer leaf of your aloe Vera plant using scissors, pruning shears, or a sharp knife. However, don’t pull the leaf when cutting as it may damage the plant. Instead, firmly hold the end of the leaf when cutting it off.
3. Gently squeeze out the gel from the leaf, and dab a thin layer of it on the affected area. After that, let the gel dry before putting some clothes on. For additional protection from acne-causing bacteria, apply some antibacterial cream over the gel and let it dry. Singapore dermatologists explain that aloe contains substances that stimulate skin cell growth, which aids in speeding up healing and reducing chances of acne scarring.
4. Apply the gel to the affected areas after washing and before going to bed. Use the gel at night to give it enough time to work on healing acne inflammation. If you don’t have an aloe plant at home, just purchase an aloe vera gel available at your local pharmacy. Pure aloe gel has similar soothing and healing properties as the plant, and is a more convenient way of keeping aloe in your home.
5. Use the aloe vera gel Singapore on a regular basis even if your acne has completely healed. Apart from its healing properties, aloe also contains properties that help in decreasing skin aging and is considered as an effective moisturizer. Using it on a regular basis protects the skin from bacteria build-up and environmental effects that may cause acne breakouts.
Aloe Vera Face Masks for Acne Treatment
1. Aloe and Lemon Mask
This aloe face mask features lemon juice that works as a natural skin brightener. It also aids in fading acne scars and dark spots, making your skin look clearer just after a few uses. Create your own aloe-lemon face mask by doing the following:
• Choose and cut a thick aloe leaf from the plant, and wash it under running water. After that, squeeze out as much juice as possible into a clean bowl, and scrape out the aloe gel with a spoon.
• Once you’re done, simply mix the gel with two to three drops of lemon juice.
• Apply and gently massage the mixture on your face and neck, then leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
• After that, pat dry your skin with a clean towel and apply moisturizer as usual. Continue performing this regimen thrice a week to even out your skin tone and prevent acne breakouts.
If you don’t have lemons at home, grapefruit and lime works as good alternative.
2. Aloe and Honey Mask
This face mask combines aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory properties with honey’s moisturizing and anti-microbial benefits to create a powerful treatment that calms and soothes the skin while fighting acne at the same time. So start making your own aloe and honey mask by doing the following steps:
• Add a tablespoon of aloe gel and honey in a clean bowl, then stir the ingredients using a spoon until it’s well-combined.
• Once you’re done, apply and leave the mask on your face or any other areas for 20 minutes.
• Wash your face or body with warm water, and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. You can apply your moisturizer if desired.
3. Aloe, Milk and Sugar Mask
This face mask is great for brightening, moisturizing, soothing and fighting acne with the additional benefits of milk and sugar. Sugar is rich in glycolic acid, which promotes cell turnover. It’s also a humectant, so it helps in drawing in moisture. Milk, on the other hand, enhances the complexion with its brightening, moisturizing, soothing and toning properties.
• Mix a tablespoon of sugar and ½ tablespoon of milk until the former is completely dissolved. After that, add two tablespoons of your store-brought or freshly prepared aloe vera gel.
• Apply and leave the mask on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Once you’re done, pat dry with towel and apply your moisturizer, if desired.
Acne Treatment Alternatives
If you don’t feel like using pure aloe vera gel, then opt for over-the-counter treatment alternatives for your acne problem. Most Singapore dermatologists recommend using over-the-counter products that contain benzoyl peroxide for treating pimples.
Apart from having a good skincare routine, using aloe vera gel is another natural way of getting rid of your acne problems. Just make sure to consult your physician about using pure aloe gel beforehand to get the most out of this miracle gel.
For a fine summer afternoon, what is your ideal snack? Others would think of lemonade or iced tea while others think of the good old ice cream. Ice creams are famous here in Singapore. It doesn’t matter if it is a rainy or hot day because it has become a staple in the refrigerator especially if there are kids around.
Ice creams are not only for the kids. Kids at heart can also enjoy it any time of the day and regardless of the occasion. But what are the top ice cream selling brands in the world? It is time to know the list. Forbes actually compiled a list of the top ice cream selling brands in the world. The data is from Euromonitor – a market researcher.
Here is the world’s top ice cream selling brands:
- Magnum: The number one ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Magnum manufactured and distributed by Unilever Group.
- Haagen-Dazs: The second ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Haagen-Dazs manufactured by General Mills Inc.
- Cornetto: The third ice cream best-selling brand in the world is Cornetto produced by Unilever Group.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Ben & Jerry’s is the fourth best-selling ice cream brand in the word manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Breyers: Breyers is the fifth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Carte d’Or: Carte d’Or is the sixth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Dreyer’s/Edy’s: Dreyer’s/Edy’s is the seventh best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Blue Bunny: Blue Bunny is the eight best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Wells’ Dairy Inc.
- Klondike: Klondike is the ninth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Mihan: Mihan is the tenth best- selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Mihan Dairy Group.
- Drumstick: Drumstick is the eleventh best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Nestle: Nestle is the twelfth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Outshine: Outshine is the thirteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Nestle SA.
- Popsicle: Popsicle is the fourteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Unilever Group.
- Meiji: Meiji is the fifteenth best-selling ice cream brand in the world manufactured by Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd.
There you go. Now you know the best-selling ice cream brand in the world. If your favorite brand did not make it to this list, there is still hope next year just continue to patronize it.
Reflect now and decide whether you are in the right place or not. If there is a “nagging sense of falsity”, then you are definitely suffering from quarter-life crisis. According to the recent study conducted by the International Journal of Behavioural Development, about 49% of women have reported ‘crises in their 20’s and 39% for men.
If you ever feel alone and stuck, do not worry because it is perfectly normal. What’s not normal is not getting through with it and still enduring it for the longest time. You cannot be lost forever. If you just look deeply, you will surely find your way. Many Singaporeans should now that quarter-life crises are normal and they should not be ashamed about it.
You owe it to yourself to be happy and be in the right place. It is time to stop floundering. You have to survive whatever crisis you are in to be at peace with yourself and finally be happy. Here are some steps on surviving quarter-life crises:
- Disengage from default direction: Many people try to convince their selves that they are not lost thereby following one vague path. The path can be set before you by a parent or guardian. You blindly follow it thinking that it is best – this is called default direction. To be happy, you have to disengage from that direction and find your own road less travelled by.
- Remain calm: When you finally realized that you are lost, there is a tendency that you will over react, freak out or panic. You have to remember that anxiety will only aggravate the situation. When you suffer from emotional arousal (like dread, fear and distress), your thoughts will usually scatter in irrelevant directions. This will keep you from solving even the simplest problems. Some people chase other paths right away and that is not effective.
- Find baseline: Without baseline, you will surely get lost because you have to context to work with. A trail is easy if you find the baseline. Hikers always mark their baseline and put things along the way so they can always find it. Start by deciding what you love most or what you are good at.
- Design your action plan: There is no one in this world more capable than you. You have to design your action plan and make sure to execute it. Do not expect for a “search party” to bring you home whenever you are lost. Always find the things that work for you and embrace responsibility. Do not rely on the people around you to direct your path.
When it comes to our workout snacks, we tend to be too concerned with our post-workout meals that we forget about pre-workout snacks. Remember that our pre-workout meal is as important as our post-workout meal, since it is what fuels our body before working out. Without enough fuel, your workouts won’t be as intense or productive as they should be. That said, we’ve listed down some tips on how you can improve your pre-workout snacking – and ultimately, your workout routine.
- Eat Your Meal 30 to 90 Minutes Before Exercising
An easy way to improve your pre-workout snacking is to eat your meal 30 to 90 minutes before your workout session. This meal will serve as your body’s much needed fuel during your workout. If you’re going to have a larger meal, wait the full 90 minutes; a 30-minute gap is already enough if you’ll just be eating a small snack. You can choose to eat farther or closer to your workout time depending on your stomach sensitivity.After all, you wouldn’t want to start your workout session when you’re feeling bloated and full.
- Go for Proper Snack Bars
Consuming nutritious snacks that are high in fibre and protein will keep your full in between meals and control your hunger pre-workout. So make sure that you keep one or two nut or granola bars ready to help you stop over-indulging on a snack or meal that’s too sugary or carb-heavy.
- Keep Your Fibre Intake as Low as Possible
Consuming a good amount of fibre on a daily basis is important, but it is not ideal as a pre-workout snack because it tends to slow down digestion – and a slower digestion can be counterproductive for getting the vital nutrients to your muscles.
- Consume a Good Amount of Protein
Consuming a good amount of protein will provide your system with the essential amino acids necessary for your muscles to repair and rebuild itself. Filling your body with these building blocks before exercising will keep your muscles from breaking down.
- Figure Out What Works for You
An ideal pre-workout snack is something that’s easy to make and is a good source of protein and fibre. Sadly, it isn’t that easy to come by. That said, test out different pre-workout snack options – rich in protein, high in fibre and healthy fats – and see what will work for you and your workout routine.
Planning out your pre-workout snack is as important as effectively preparing for your post-workout meal. So put the aforementioned tips to help you improve both your pre-workout snacks and workout routine as a whole.
Working out serves as a powerful tool for keeping you healthy and strong, especially during the nine months of your pregnancy. It aids in relieving body aches, easing labour pain and getting you back in shape faster. Still, it can be quite overwhelming to try workout routines that are doable and safe during pregnancy. While it’s crucial to inform your doctor about your fitness activities first, here are some fun starting exercises that an expectant mom like you can do.
Hormones got you feeling down? Then boost your mood and reduce your stress levels by taking a leisurely stroll. Walking will also help in preparing your baby for delivery and in easing contraction pains as you progress into the last phase of your pregnancy.
You might not want to choose a running routine given your current situation, but if you used to run before getting pregnant, then you should still be able to do this exercise without any problem. Just make sure that you scale back your previous routine and avoid running on trails that may cause you to fall or trip. Also, avoid running during an extremely hot weather as it might overheat your body and affect your baby’s development.
Swimming is a perfect form of exercise to ease the pain and stress of carrying extra weight around your belly area. The water’s buoyancy will help in relieving some pressure off your body, while working it all at once. Although some worry that the chemicals used in pool water could cause some health problems, a study found that women who swam in chlorinated pools experienced lesser pregnancy complications than those who swam in the un-chlorinated water.
- Prenatal Aerobics
Another great and safe way to get your heart pumping while you’re pregnant is to engage in prenatal aerobics. A regular aerobics class is also a great option for some, since it’s easy to lower its intensity and you’ll likely stay upright most of the time. As much as possible, avoid classes that require quick step changes or too much coordination, and just play it safe by doing marching or walking routines instead of jumping.
- Prenatal Yoga
Yoga works by calming the body and mind – perfect for pregnant women with a whole lot going on. Apart from the relaxing feeling it gives, prenatal yoga has also been shown to help in maintaining flexibility and strength in pregnant women. The key is to enrol in a prenatal-specific yoga class, where the instructors will tune in to your specific needs. If you can’t seem to find such yoga class, try practicing pregnancy-safe yoga routines at home using some prenatal yoga instructional videos.
Exercising is a crucial part of staying healthy while you’re pregnant. So start performing any of these workout routines now to ensure that both your and your baby’s health is its best state.
For many people, the topic of sex is highly personal and they think it’s best not to talk about it. However, modern institutions, which include the World Health Organization (WHO), consider formal discussions about sex and sexual health essential in today’s world. From concerns on how to have more enjoyable sex to more serious health issues such as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), many things are under the broad topic of sexual health.
If you are sexually active, the more it is important to visit a GP clinic and talk to a Singapore healthcare professional about sexual health check-ups and health issues you may have in mind.
What is a sexual health check-up?
A sexual health check-up is an examination done by a doctor to find out whether you have sexual health problems, like sexually transmitted disease. During the check-up, the doctor gives you a physical exam and inquires about your sexual activities and behaviours. You will be encouraged to raise questions and concerns during a check-up.
Who performs the check-up?
A sexual health check-up is performed only by professional healthcare providers, but the exact physician depends on where you go for your check-up. You may see a doctor or a nurse when you go to a community health centre or a family GP clinic. If you intend on go for anonymous hiv testing at M Lam clinic in Singapore there may also be another professional who will perform the test on you. If it entails collecting of blood sample or a swab, it is usually the nurse who will attend to you.
Who needs a sexual health check-up?
Every sexually active individual needs to be checked regularly. How often and when you need to have the check-ups depend on your sexual activities and lifestyle. If you have not had a sexual health check-up and STD screening before, now is the best time to do so, especially if any of the following applies to you:
• If you have had unsafe sex, whether it’s vaginal, anal, or oral
• If you suspect you have STD
• If you are in an open relationship (you and your partner agree to engage other people)
• If you are with a new partner
• If your partner had previous partners before you
• If you have shared injecting tools, like syringes and needles.
What happens in a sexual health check-up?
A check-up usually begins with a discussion about your sexual history and practices. Expect your Singapore healthcare provider to ask you personal questions, such as:
• What kinds of sexual activities you have engaged in?
• How many sexual partners you have had?
• Do you experience any symptoms or do you suspect you have STD?
• Have you tried injected drugs or sharing needles?
• Do you have piercings or tattoos?
Answering some of these questions may make you feel uncomfortable. However, keep in mind that if you do not answer the questions honestly, your health care provider would not be able to order accurate tests for you, which could seriously affect your health. Take not that some infections can lead to long-term health complications if they are not treated properly.
In the examination, with your consent, your genital might have to be examined. A series of test might be conducted, including:
• Urine and/or blood test
• Swabs, where a culture sample from the genital area will be taken and examined thoroughly under a microscope. The doctor may sometimes order to take extra swabs from the anus or throat for further examination
• In women’s health clinic, patients undergo vaginal examination, like Pap smear. Women who are sexually active should regularly have this examination. Talk to your healthcare provider how often to have this test.
• In men’s health clinic, the doctor will physically examine the penis and the scrotum for any irregular lumps and bumps.
When your STD screening test appears positive, you might want to consider telling your previous partners about it, so they can also get their own HIV testing or any STD tests and get the appropriate treatment if necessary.
How Can You Get Infected?
STD-causing bacteria and viruses are transmitted through skin-to-skin contact or through exchange of body fluids. If you do not practice safe sex, such as using condoms, you are at high risk of catching an infection.
Likewise, having lots of sex partners increases your chances of getting n infection. People who have sex, with different partners are more at risk than those who stay with the same partner. However, even if you and your partner have been together for years but neither of you have been tested, it will not save you from contracting an infection. Make sure that both of you are negative of any infection by getting tested.
How to protect yourself against sexual health issues?
Sex should be a pleasurable experience for partners, but it can also pose a great risk if the people who engage in it are not careful. STDs can be worrisome, painful, have serious long-term effects (such as infertility), and can even be fatal. Here’s what you can do to guard your health against infections.
• Identifying the Infection: Know the signs and symptoms of various STDs, as well as the possible effects of infections. This helps you understand how important it is to get tested and treated right away.
• Taking STD Tests: STD and HIV testing is a critical part of a sexual health plan. Finding out whether you are positive of an STD enables you to start a treatment immediately, which gives you a better chance of curing the disease.
• Take Preventive Care: Taking the necessary precautions help prevent the spread of infection or helps you avoid catching an infection. Use barriers such as condoms and dental dams to avoid direct skin-to-skin contact and the risk of getting infected.
It’s normal to feel uncomfortable or even embarrassed when discussing your sexual practices with a stranger, but a healthcare professional should be able to make you feel at ease. If your doctor or nurse seems pushy or if they make you feel uncomfortable to the point of feeling ashamed, you have all the right to look for another women’s health clinic or men’s health clinic.
As the world ages faster and is moving towards modernization, the environment is being compromised which now leads to a worsening condition of humanity. As we are gearing towards economic and commercial progress, the more we experience varied forms and incidences of environment-related catastrophe and sickness. Can this be already an alarm that everyone should already wake up form this deep slumber to be stewards of our mother nature? Before we provide with long term solutions, let us take a look at these aspects and points on how indeed, the deterioration of the environment destroys humanity per se.
- Environmental change is a threat to human health
As we are approaching the end of the decade, more sickness and epidemics are coming out. All from varied causes, mostly are pollution-related like polluted drinking water and smoke-filled houses and streets. According to the former director-general of World Health Organization, these illnesses can take away the life of a jumbo jet full of children every 30 minutes. That observation can only imply the immense effects of pollution to human health, which are, miserably, fatal.
- Worsening environment issues can put an end to the place we live in
You know how vital this blue planet in our existence is as human beings, for without this, life can never be conceivable. These times, all of us have been witnesses to most horrible incidences of natural calamities like typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes, interminable flooding, as well as drought. Well, these all point to what we now have as “global warming.” When this will remain unsolved, then let us not hope for a longer existence of life here on earth.
- Animals and other living organisms are critically affected
Like us humans, animals have this planet only as their permanent habitat. If in just a click of a second, this dwelling place suddenly exterminates, do you think, there can still be such things as “living organisms”? The depletion of ozone layer due to global warming directly affects these living organisms because of intense heat. Moreover, the forest, their natural habitat, is also affected. Because of prevalence of cutting of trees, also illegal logging and transforming this area into commercial lands can result to the extinction of these animals as they depend their survival on forest alone.
Life, as they say should be moving forward. It is good that developments and modernization are evident in the society nowadays, no issues with that. Only that, as we are heading towards progress, we should not miss out our accountabilities to still act as the stewards of nature. This should be in parallel relationship and direction. As we sail towards development, the environment should not also lose its presence; hence its essence. There is still time, we can still see a light of hope up there.